My Best Posts

Sunday, April 3, 2016

10th Week In New Zealand

Yesterday I ended my 10th week here in New Zealand. It will be my last full week here at the Marine Reach Base. This coming Friday, myself as well as many of my fellow DTS students will move to the M/V Pacific Hope (the Ship) for our last week of lectures. Once that week ends, we will officially be in the Outreach Phase... So Excited!

This past Thursday, my "Spec Ops" team, along with other student voulenteers, went to the Ship to do some painting. This was my second time painting on the Ship... I have a renewed dislike of marine grade paint. Though we got got a lot done, there will probably be some "touch-up" work for us once we get on board and certainly by the time we set sail to Auckland on the 16th of April.

The highlight of my week was a Team Trip to the Redwoods - Whakarewarewa Forest in Rotarua, New Zealand. Such a beautiful place, it reminds me a lot of the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, with the addition of palm trees. We hiked about 13km in total, as we made our way up & down, and in & out of the forest reserve. We had so much fun, we make a great team!

After our hike, we headed back to the Tauranga area for dinner. We got some takeout in then walked to Mt. Maunganui beach to eat and watch the waves.

After this week, I just have to say that I have a new love for the beauty of this country and the God that made it all. So eager for what lays ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment