My Best Posts

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

12th Week In New Zealand

I am now enjoyng the vibrant city of Auckland, NZ. But, I will talk more about in the upcoming Week 13 post.

As for the past week, things have been hectic and draining, both physically and spiritually. But, there was still a number We spent a large portion of the week helping get the M/V Pacific Hope ready for tours in Auckland as well as training to prepare us for life on the ship.

However, all the business didn't mean that I could not explore more of Tauranga. Due to the ship's location in Tarunga "The Strand" was within very easy walking distance. So for the first time since I started my DTS I've been able to truly explore city as well as take part of some it's gastronomic offerings.

One of the highlights of my week was to join the guys on my team in an afternoon out. After getting deciding on a movie, we grabbed some Turkish then went back to enjoy the movies. That was a great and memorible day!

We sailed for Auckland on Saturday, arriving on Sunday Morning. The journey was at night so, I thankfully get to sleep during the 12 hours of travel. I severely underestimate my reaction to the sea on a boat without stableizers. However, I eventually got my act together and got to enjoy some amazing views of the approach to Auckland.

No comments:

Post a Comment