My Best Posts

Thursday, April 28, 2016

13th Week in NZ

So as expected, my firat week in auckland has been such a busy week - tours, street outreach/evangelism, team meetings! But, I am enjoying Auckland nonetheless.

The exotic food options here are mindboggling to me. Yea, I have traveled a lot but, to have so many options freely at my finger-tips has been such a great experience for me.

However, despite all the gastronomic and touristic "lures" this city has to offer, I have to keep in mind that I am not here to simply "play around," I am not here formyself. This is a part of my DTS' Outreach Phase and those obligations come first.

Coming to Auckand not as a simple tourist but, as YWAMer fresh out of 12 weeks of lectures has really helped me to be more sensitive to the less fortunate and broken lives around me, the parts of life that I have at times abdicated any Christian obligation to truly aknowlage. Here, I have been letting go of my fear of man and following the Spirit, whether that be just walking up to a random stranger and praying with them for their grandaughter who was is in prison or asking a homeless man if he is hungry and acting upon his need.

My time in Auckland has so far been a truly been a life changing experience for me. Maybe us YWAMers here in this city now are of small consequence on a large scale but, to the individuals who's lives we have touched, we've left massive impacts or God's love perminantly marked.

No comments:

Post a Comment