My Best Posts

Friday, April 29, 2016

14th Week In New Zealand

After 14 weeks, This will be my last "In New Zealand" post for about a month. Not only will I not be in New Zealand any longer but, I won't have wifi either.

As of tomorrow evening, exact time not yet known, we will set sail for Vanuatu, a 5 day journey. We will spend the rest of our Outreach Phase on the Island of Tanna, just one of the 63 inhabited islands the that Vanuatu has.

While a lot of my time here in Auckland has been spent doing outreach and ship tours, I did get to have some "freetime." I went to see the new Jungle Book movie with some friends, loved it. They assign seats in theaters here at time of ticket purchase. This past Monday was ANZAC Day, recognized here in NewZealand and Australia. I got up at just past 4am to join some friends in walking to the Auckland War Museum for an annual ANZAC Day ceremony.

Also, I have added a number of new culinary experiences to my life's story. Had some authentic Japanese take-out and even tried Barfi (an Indian desert) for the first time. But, I think my hands down favorite experience was when a friend took me out for Korean food. Finally got to try Kimchi.

This chapter here in Auckland is closing but, I am so eager to see what God has in store for my team in Vanuatu, for sure He has something  big planned. So for now, I am signing off. Will post an update when I can, most likely once I am back in New Zealand.

1 comment:

  1. Go GOD Go! I am at a loss for words to express the deep HUMBLING HONOR that I feel that God chose "me" to protect HIS anointing upon your life and to be HIS vessel in preparing you for this work that HE has ordained for your life. Forever LOVING, forever PRAYING . . . Remember: you do not have a 'worrying' Mother . . . just one that is always 'highly concerned.' :) :)

    ReplyDelete