My Best Posts

Sunday, March 27, 2016

9th Week In New Zealand

The biggest development of this past week is that the first $2000NZD of my Outreach fees have been paid off thanks to a generous family member. Also, I have put the last $2000NZD on my credit card, but, I have not fully worked out how to pay it off yet. However, a fellow student came up to me mid-week and long story short gave me $200USD toward my fees. Such a blessing!

God is so good, He has brought me a long way in trusting Him for provision in this season. Just 2 months before coming here, I really had no idea where any of the needed finances were going to coming from but, thankfully my uncertainty and lack of faith did NOT stop God!

In other developments, I finally got myself an All Blacks styled polo. As I am not too much into sports, the coloring and the words, "New Zealand" were enough for me. Just my luck too, the shirt was on clearance.

I have not been able to truly experience the culinary side of Tauraung yet. This is mainly due to me trying to save money and that the Base is a good ways from town.

However, thanks to a friend here at base, I was able to get a ride into town to see the Tauranga Jazz Fesrival. Now having been to New Orleans more times than I can count, it was not exactly the Jazz that I'm used to, actually a lot of it was not "Jazz."  But, I am a lover of almost any type of music so, I appreciated the talent of those performing.

I am not sure what adventures await in this upcoming week. But, I am learning how to enjoy the present and this might be the best decision I can make at the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God Samuel! Yea! He is Jehovah Jireh! Have a blessed week my brother! Fr. G

    ReplyDelete