My Best Posts

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Update on YWAM Preparations - #2

Note: If you are interested in contributing to help me meet my YWAM Tuition costs, please click here... (https://www.givesendgo.com/ywamnz)

This morning I got my Tetanus and Typhoid immunizations taken care of. Though, I only really needed to get my Typhoid immunization, the nurse at the county health department suggested that I go ahead and updated my Tetanus Booster (Tdap) as well. Technically I was good with my Tdap until 2018 (once every 10 years) however, she said for active traveling an update every 5 years was recommended.

As for my Typhoid, I got the pill option, it will take about a week for full immunization. I take one pill every other day (4 pills). This treatment is actually a “Live Virus” but, I will not be contagious or anything. She said some stomach upset and tiredness will be the most of my worries. However, with the pill I am good for 5 years vs. just 3 years with the shot and the pill option was cheaper... poor marketing if you ask me. :P

All in all, I went in today not planning to get any shots but, I ended up getting two. The other was for a non-travel related immunization regiment that I fail to complete when I was a child. So, I am all set healthwise for my trip... SO EXCITED!!! :D

Next task is to get my International Driving Permit from AAA. Doing that today, leaving in a few minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment