My Best Posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Interested In Medical Missions?

As some of you may know, I got the chance to volunteer on board a medical mission ship called the M/V Pacific Hope. I got my first chance to board the ship for my DTS's Outreach Phase, then after graduation I came back due to an invitation. However, an invitation is not needed to get on board. If you are interested in volunteering you can simply use the contact information provided below in the brochure below.


(CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE)


Not a "Health Professional?" Well, I was not either... other than some basic first-aid training from my DTS. There are plenty of positions available from helping with deck maintenance to praying for people, or from dispensing out glasses to assisting in the dental clinic. So, aside from positions listed in the brochure above there are plenty of other jobs to do, you just need a heart for service.

While the outreach season for 2016 is over, the ship will be right back to its' mission once the regional cyclone seasons ends. I am sure that they will need more people to fill slots for the 2017 outreach season.

This is an AMAZING cause, bringing health care and the Gospel to the isolated peoples of the South Pacific Islands. If you don't think you can make it on board, please consider donating to this ministry. Remember that EVERYONE on board is volunteer, from the cooks and deck hands to the doctors and captain(s), so your donations have more impact to the actual mission.

Disclaimer: While I have served on this ship, I nor my blog are affiliated with Marine Reach Ministries. My personal views and opinions on this blog are my own and do not reflect the ministry. Also, I have not been compensated or requested to post this information to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment