My Best Posts

Saturday, November 21, 2015

No more passport page inserts for frequent travelers - FoxNews.com

I stumbled upon this article this morning. It is a good thing that I just got the jumbo passport to begin with.
When I was applying for my last passport renewal, the lady asked me if I wanted a "jumbo passport." She said it is the same price for either size, but the extensions will cost you later. So, I opted for the "jumbo passport" to be safe than sorry. Good thing too, I would now have to get a whole new passport if would have ended up needing more space in a small passport after December 31st 2015.
Fox News' Article:
"If you travel overseas a lot, now may be a good time to take a close look at your passport.  
The State Department said Thursday that starting Jan. 1 it will no longer offer the 24-page inserts you can buy when you run out of pages to existing passport books.
Adults running out of space for new visas in their 28-page passports will have to pay $110 for a new passport of either 28 or 52 pages. The prices are slightly lower for minors—but passports for children 16 and under are only valid for 5 years, as opposed to 10 years for adults."
To read the full article click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment