My Best Posts

Sunday, November 15, 2015

What To Do If Your Passport Gets Stolen While Abroad

A number of years ago when I was with my mom in St. Petersburg, Russia I was told upon returning to my cruise ship that a couple of passengers had their passports stolen while on shore.  Apparently, they too were touring the Peterhof Palace that day.

Now I have never, thank God, been pick-pocketed in any manner... even when I was in cities like Barcelona, Spain (the Pick-Pocket Capital of Europe). However, I know of fellow travelers who have been pick-pocketed. As I hear about their stories and incidents like what happened in Russia got me wondering what should I do if my passport ever gets stolen while I'm abroad. Well, below is a US Government link pertaining to just that question.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/lost-or-stolen-passports-abroad.html

No comments:

Post a Comment