My Best Posts

Sunday, August 30, 2015

New Orleans, 10 Years After Katrina | The New York Times



VIDEO: New Orleans, 10 Years After Katrina | The New York Times



I remember when Hurricane Katrina hit. I was in Asheville, NC at the time but, I still stayed with family in Mobile, AL every year during the winter months. No one in my family thought that Katrina would be that bad, after all we had slept through Hurricane Ivan the year before, which directly hit Mobile, AL, I remember the calm as the "Eye" went over us.



Upon returning to the Gulf Coast, I could tell that there was going to be a LONG road to recovery. To be frank, New Orleans' recovery has not only been a long one but, it is still in recovery. However, the spirit of the people there is strong and I still love visiting that city whenever I can. Though I have not visited NOLA since my family moved to FL back in 2011, I miss our almost monthly visits. The sights, smells and sounds of NOLA are amazing. I strongly encourage anyone who has not yet been there to visit NOLA, you will not forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment