My Best Posts

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sam's Travel Memories #4: Wrong House!

Sam's Travel Memories #4: Wrong House!

Back in July of 2012, my mom and I were in Helsinki, Finland visiting and longtime family friend. After a day of resting-up from our last flight, we decided to spend a day out with our host and truly see they city of Helsinki.

As we set out on foot from our friend's house (a town home), mom turned to me near the end of the building block and said, “Please run back and get my other bag.” So, as an obedient son, I quickly ran back to the house to retrieve the bag.

Now, the kids opted not to join us on our city tour, thus the house was left unlocked. So, as I opened the door I thought, “Wow! The kids invited their friends over quickly.” And... after about 5 seconds, I realized that I had actually walked into the wrong house!

The people inside house, never saw me as far as I know, they were too busy watching TV. With the way these particular units are laid out, their backs were to the front door, allowing me to correct my error unseen.

From what I found out later, it is apparently not terribly uncommon for Finns to leave their doors unlocked during the day. If the door had been locked I would have realized my error but, I would not have this funny story to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment