My Best Posts

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sam's Travel Memories #3: Holding My Tounge

As I have stated before, I travel with Allegiant Airlines fairly often for domestic trips. Since Allegiant charges ($50 or more) for carry-ons and checked bags, I have learned to how to stuff my back-pack (about the only thing I can take on their planes free) with all I need and mail  home what I buy.


So this particular time I was traveling back up to Asheville, NC for a couple weeks with an exceptionally stuffed back-pack. On my way through the normal security line a TSA guy took my bag out of the x-ray machine and with a smile made the comment, "That bag looks like its' ready to burst!" I thought for a second (anyone who knows me knows that I am very quick witted with funny sarcastic quips) and I almost said, "More like explode!" However, I ended-up holding my tongue. In all honesty I don't think any TSA agent would have found such a remark very funny... :P

It was probably a good thing that I held my tongue that time, I would not have wanted to get delayed or miss my flight. As it turned out, I would have missed the joy of eating squirrel soup for the first time. It tastes just like chicken (I thought it was chicken soup at first) in my opinion! LOL :D

No comments:

Post a Comment